Science and Research Centre Koper, INSTITUTE FOR KINESIOLOGY RESEARCH
in cooperation with its partners
invites you to the
10th JUBILEE INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC AND PROFESSIONAL CONFERENCE “CHILD IN MOTION”
»ASSURING AN ACTIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR A HEALTHY CHILD AND ADOLESCENT”
7th to 9th October 2019
Grand Hotel Bernardin, Portorož, Slovenia
It is our great pleasure to inform you that the Science and Research Centre Koper, Institute for Kinesiology Research is organizing the 10th International Scientific and Professional conference »A Child in Motion«, with the working title »Assuring active environments for a healthy child”. Children face inadequate incentives to achieve sufficient physical activity which does not merely cause inconsistent child development and health decline, but it also poses a threat to the child’s physical and cognitive competences, creativity, and besides, emotional and social maturation. Today’s lifestyles, shaped by economic and prestige-driven societies that are offered to children and adolescents certainly do not encourage physical activity. Therefore, society is obliged to fulfil the desire to the variety of choices that are needed by children and adolescents. Such problems, but predominantly physical inactivity, are representative challenges the conferences hopes to deal with appropriately.
The conference will consist of different thematic sections:
• THE MOTOR COMPETENCES IN THE INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN
• BIOMECHANICAL, PHYSIOLOGYCAL, AND HEALTH ASPECTS OF MOTOR DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN
• PSYCHOLOGICAL, SOCIAL, AND EDUCATIONAL ASPECTS OF MOTOR DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN
• BALANCED DIET AND INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN
• PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT AS AN INCENTIVE FOR MOTOR DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN
• PHISICAL ACTIVITY FOR CHILDREN – OPEN TOPICS
Also this year, a workshops section will be held within the framework of the Conference in order to transfer good practices into everyday work.
The Conference will be held in Grand Hotel Bernardin, Portorož,
Slovenia from 7th October to 9th October 2019.
• Till 10th June 2019: abstract submission
• Till 1th July 2019: confirmation of abstract acceptance
• Till 1stAugust 2019: fee payment for participants with papers
• Till 15th September 2019: fee payment for participants without papers
• 7th October 2019: beginning of the Conference
More detailed information about the Conference are available on the Conference Website ovg.si
For any questions and further details please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail: email@example.com
We would be grateful if you could disseminate the news about the Conference to your colleagues.
With best regards
| Assist. prof. Tadeja Volmut, PhD |
The President of Organizing Committee
| prof. Rado Pišot, PhD |
The President of the Scientific Committee
INSTRUCTION FOR PAPER PRESENTATION
Invited speakers: time: 50 minutes (45 minutes and 5 minutes for question)
Key note speakers: time: 30 minutes (25 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for question)
Session presenters: scientific paper presentations are 12 minutes in length 10 minutes for presentation and 2 minutes for question, professional paper presentation are 10 minutes (8 minutes for presentation and 2 minutes for question).
Session chairs should inform and audit the length of presentations. Because presentation time is limited, scholars should not expect to prolong the time. The presenters should employ a PowerPoint or Prezi program to present.
It can also be useful to present the key ideas in the language best understood by most of the anticipated audience, emphasizing research questions, methods used, summary of main findings, and discussion
Things to Remember
• Going over the time limit only prevents further discussion (it cuts into the session’s time, which cannot be extended), and is disrespectful to the other presenters and the audience.
• Session chairs are encouraged to be strict with time. Presenters will be interrupted and stopped by the session chair if they do not keep to their allotted time.
• Technology should be used appropriately: technology should enhance a presentation, not be the presentation. Presenters should set up (upload) before the session begins by USB to avoid further time distress.
• Presenters should usually avoid telling the audience too much biographical information – this cuts into the time allotted to the presentation and the content of the paper.
PREPARING A POSTER PRESENTATION
An effective poster presentation functions in a similar fashion to a traditional presentation: it serves to promote scholars’ work and stimulate scholarly discussion. A poster should concisely present the major points of the author’s research and should also provide information on how one might contact the author. It is important for scholars to have a poster that is easy to read, and that can facilitate discussion about the research project.
A poster presentation should take approximately 5 minutesto present. The amount of text should be limited, and the language on the poster should be simplified and clear. Photographs, charts, graphs, and tables should be used when possible. The font of the poster should be larger – it should be legible from about 4-6 feet away (usually, this is a font size of 18-24 in a font such as Arial or Helvetica).
Posters should contain the major components of an article. Conventional sections in a poster include an abstract, introduction (which will include objectives & hypotheses), methodology, results, conclusion, and contact information.
Things to Remember
• Although it is tempting to put more information on a poster, too much information can become confusing for viewers and distract them from further inquiry into the research project.
• Presenters are responsible to hang out the poster on the desk before the poster section.
COMMITMENT TO PRESENT (NO SHOW / CANCELLATION STANDARDS)
If a paper proposal is accepted for presentation to “Child in motion” conference, the author (or at least one of the authors for a multi-authored paper) is expected to attend.
Nevertheless, on submitting papers to conference, authors must agree that if their paper is accepted for presentation, but they are unable to attend the conference, they will immediately inform the Organizing committee before the conference starts. Presenters who do not appear to present their paper and do not inform the Organizing committee can cause considerable disarray, lowering the quality sessions and affecting negatively on the climate of the conference. Papers are accepted for presentation by their authors. If the authors are unable to attend, conference policy is that the papers or posters will NOT be presented. We do not allow papers to be presented by anyone who is not the author.